Being part of our team means working with experienced and passionate aviation specialists in a fast paced environment built on core values of collaboration and teamwork. We look for people who thrive on challenges and who are eager to grow with us as a key part of our team.
Please note that due to the number of applications we receive, we are unable to respond to all candidates. We will contact you directly if you have been shortlisted or if we have any questions/require further information in order to progress your application.
We thank you in advance for your interest and for considering Texel Air as an employer.
Technical Services and Airworthiness Engineer
Texel Air WLL is a Bahrain registered airline formed in 2013. We provide dedicated customized third-party cargo charter operations to a wide range of international customers with diverse consignment requirements. Our B737F fleet provide flexibility and versatility to service the GCC region and beyond. Our expanding fleet is maintained from our purpose-built Bahrain engineering hangar facility. With a team of over forty global aviation experts, Texel Air has experienced consistent year on year growth. We have a hardworking, nimble team whose flexibility and ability to deliver great services ensure we are successful in a unique, customer driven environment.
We are now seeking an experienced Technical Services and Airworthiness Engineer to join our Engineering Department based in our professional offices adjoined to our hangar facility at Bahrain International Airport.
This is a permanent contract offering the successful candidate a competitive salary (note that Bahrain is a tax free environment), performance structure and a range of great benefits including housing and vehicle allowances, school fees, medical insurance and Loss of License insurances together with annual return travel and relocation costs if applicable.
The Technical Services and Airworthiness Engineer position reports to the Director of Engineering and has overall responsibility to enhance the technical condition of the airframes, engines & components to meet regulatory, reliability or customer requirements; to ensure the continuous airworthiness of the Texel Air fleet in accordance with approved standards; and to assist our ANTR-145 organisation for work planning, parts provisioning, liaison with suppliers and technical services.
Key accountabilities of this role include:
- Collecting, transmitting and filing maintenance records and reviewing all incoming technical literature related to continued airworthiness (SB’s, SL’s, AD’s, ICA’s, etc)
- Authoring Work Orders and Job cards and developing in-house minor modifications including conducting feasibility studies
- Monitoring of engine trend reports and investigating and reporting on technical delay trends
- Participating in review of ICAs provided by STC Holders
- Contributing to producing forecasts of scheduled work required and pre-loading spares as required
- In collaboration with Director of Maintenance Operations, analyzing workpacks for all scheduled maintenance
- Ensuring that adequate step-by-step work instructions are available for all scheduled complex tasks.
- Providing technical support to Maintenance Engineers in the event of difficult or ongoing aircraft defects which may require in depth analysis or liaison with the manufacturer.
- Assisting Maintenance Engineers with maintenance related issues eg IPC applicability, A/C Mod Status etc that may require additional expertise or information not readily available to the Maintenance team.
To be considered for this role you MUST be able to demonstrate the following skills and experience:
- In depth knowledge of BCAA or EASA Rules relating to airworthiness and aircraft maintenance
- 5 years minimum of planning and/or engineering and/or production experience in an aviation maintenance environment
- Hold a Maintenance Engineers Licence or relevant Engineering degree
- If unlicenced, have experience on the B737 to the equivalent of that required for a rating
- Experience with Integrated Software Solutions
- Proven ability to work effectively with Regulators and Suppliers
- Fluent in English
- A competent communicator, good team player with an ability to plan and work under pressure
- Passion for the role and committed to making a positive contribution
If you meet the requirements for this great opportunity and think you can add value to our team, please apply via LinkedIn with your CV.